Saturday 15 January 2011

Risotto

Risotto is one of my favourite easy dinners, but although easy it's time consuming so it's something I tend to make just for myself, when I can stand in the kitchen with a glass of wine and add extra liquid when required. This is tonight's.


My basic recipe is to fry a packet of lardons in a wee bit of olive oil. If I am worrying about fat content, I drain it off.

If I am using butternut squash, and I usually am, I add that (cubed) and let it fry a wee while. Then I chuck in about half a cup of risotto rice and let it fry a wee bit too.

I don't use proper stock, so I add in about 2 tsp of Knorr boullion powder with the first cup of water. Keep adding water until it's done.

Once I had that basic recipe, I add vegetables depending on what takes my fancy. Today was asparagus. Petit pois (baby peas) and broad beans are my other standbys.

Near the end, I put in about 1/4 cup of wine and after it's served, I often crumble some soft goats cheese over it.

It's good. And if you have managed to get this far, you will have discovered I not only use recipes, I can't write one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment